Being self employed gives you the chance to choose the jobs you do, the option to set the rates that you charge, the possibility of greater take home pay and the chance to work for a number of different companies. All of this eliminates that mundane feeling you can get when being in permanent employment or doing the same type of work for the same company every day.
One downside that can put off trade workers considering going self employed or starting up their own small business is the slight uncertainty of guaranteed work and the slight increase in administration that does come with being freelance. The common perception being that the additional administration will be complicated and time consuming. In fact, our clients tell us that their administration work takes them roughly 10 - 15 minutes a month and appointing the right accountant means you get ongoing support should you have any questions.
Easy Accountancy’s low cost fixed fee packages start at just £60 per month. Every package as standard includes unlimited telephone and email support to your own dedicated accountant. So you never need to worry about asking too many questions, unlike other accountants who will charge you extra for the time they spend talking or emailing you.
Our easy to read guides give a comprehensive breakdown on starting out as self employed within your trade along with the in's and out's of your finances and self assessment tax:
You may also find the following pages helpful:
- Benefits of Freelancing - the benefits to you as a freelancer and to your potential clients
- Freelancing Part Time - can you freelance whilst still in your permanent role?
- Sole Trader or Limited? - which route is right for you?
- Setting up as a Sole Trader Freelancer - what you need to consider when setting up as a freelancer
- VAT and National Insurance - how do VAT and NI affect you as a freelancer?
- Freelancer Insurance - what insurances do you need as a freelancer?
- Freelancer Take Home Pay Calculator - how much more could you earn by going freelance?
- Finding Freelance Work - how to find your freelance roles
- Freelancer FAQ’s - all your questions answered
For more advice on how Easy Accountancy can help you and business, or to find out more about our fixed fee packages, please call 0500 234111 / 01442 275767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.