Being the sister company of SJD Accountancy (the UK's largest Accountants for IT Contractors who work through their own limited companies) means that here at Easy Accountancy we have lots of experience helping IT companies maximise profits whilst working the most tax efficiently as possible.
If you’re thinking of freelancing, there are a number of things to consider. It’s not as consistent as employed work and it will mean you have to be more flexible with your working hours. However, there are plenty of benefits to look forward to. Not only do you have complete autonomy over your work and the freedom to work the hours you want, you’ll have the opportunity to earn more money. Average daily rates are nearly a third higher than the normal employee salary. You’ll also be able to make tax savings by working as a sole trader or through a limited company.
Have a look round this section for advice on how to become an IT or Multimedia freelancer. If you’d like more information about the financial implications of freelance work, Ask us a question, call 0500 234 111 / 01442 275 767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may find the following pages helpful:
- Freelancing Part Time - can you freelance whilst still in your permanent role?
- Sole Trader or Limited? - which route is right for you?
- Setting up as a Sole Trader Freelancer - what you need to consider when setting up as a freelancer
- VAT and NI - how do VAT and NI affect you as a freelancer?
- Freelancer Insurances - what insurances do you need as a freelancer?
- Freelancer Take Home Pay Calculator - how much more could you earn by going freelancing?
- Finding Freelance Work - how to find your freelance roles
- Freelancer FAQ’s - all your questions answered