- Location: Bristol
- Rate: Up to 550.00
- Start Date: 14/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
My client based in Bristol are urgently looking for a hands on AWS Dev-Ops engineer with experience in a Windows and Linux environment. The suitable Cloud DevOps engineer will have extremely strong AWS experience and we are looking for an expert Dev-Ops engineer who can be the AWS SME onsite. A full spec is below, this is initially a contract until the end of March 2020 but likely to extend on. This position also needs to be someone with strong interpersonal skills and excellent Stakeholder Management.
My client are urgently looking for an experienced, dynamic AWS Cloud System Engineer with a proven history of the design, build and support of the infrastructure for application developments running in AWS. The Cloud Systems Engineers play a critical role in the success of the users and are called upon to design and support the right solutions for them. Beyond providing support, they must effectively work in a consultative role for each project in person, by phone and email to make recommendations to improve performance of the solution and to plan proactively for user driven changes and growth.
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
1. To work with Solution Architects, Network Engineers and Application Developers to design the infrastructure for applications in AWS.
2. To Strive to review and improve services as the AWS platform evolves.
* AWS certifications 'Solution Architect' and 'SysOps Engineer' or 'DevOps Engineer' to Professional level desired
* Managing or working within hybrid-cloud enterprise level configurations
* Appreciation of traditional Data Centre management concepts and exposure to cloud migration initiatives
* All AWS components preferred with a desire to expand knowledge expected
* Serverless Architecture principles
* SecOps practices within AWS leverage monitoring and event capabilities to trigger appropriate reactions desired
* Exposure to leveraging a successful balance between security, access control, and auditing capabilities in the cloud; AWS IAM, AWS Config, and AWS key management preferred
* Understanding of High-Availability and Disaster recovery AWS based workloads
* The successful candidate will be highly technical and analytical who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
* Comfortable working collaboratively with Solution Architects, Network Engineers and Application Developers to produce efficient workloads
* Strive to review and improve services as the AWS platform evolves
Resolving any problems that may arise as a result of new infrastructure builds will be part of this role and to work closely with the application developers and business systems support team to identify the cause of an issue and recommend solutions. Recommend improvements to processes and configurations in order to avoid problems recurring.
Please send in a CV ASAP to be considered for this role.