- Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Rate: Up to 550.00
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 6 months
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
AWS Cloud Engineer – Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker
My client, a large international consultancy, are looking for an experienced AWS Cloud Engineer to join the team for an initial 6 month contract based in Leeds.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building Cloud-Native Microservices architecture on AWS, as well as defining how structured and unstructured data will be processed and reported utilising AWS cloud concepts. You will also be mapping architectural components to AWS Cloud components in order to help define the overall deployment architecture and sizing.
– Deep experience with solution architecture, working specifically with full stack solutions, RESTful services, and large Legacy application portfolios, in both monolithic and micro-services contexts.
– Expertise in Micro-services application design and development using Java stack
– Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling and data processing
– Experience with Terraform
– Experience with distributed cloud deployments on AWS Cloud
– Must have experience in configuring and setting up API's in Apigee Edge
– Strong understanding of Docker-based Micro services deployment
– Need to have experience in container orchestration using Kubernetes
– Exposure to Deployment Architecture considerations including DNS, load balancing and elastic scalability
– Experience in Cloud File store and Persistence Disk
– Skills in database design, both SQL and NoSQL, from conceptualization to database optimization
– Experience in application performance monitoring, benchmarking, tuning and troubleshooting
– Experience in Financial Services preferred
– Experience in working directly with clients
Empiric is a global provider of niche and specialist recruitment services operating across Investment Banking, Oil & Gas, Engineering, IT and Industry & Commerce. Our expert knowledge of the market and strong working relationships with our clients has enabled us to become the preferred supplier to over 150 global corporations.