- Location: London
- Rate: Up to 630.00
- Start Date: 20/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
A government client of ours is looking for a Cyber Security Consultant to join them on a project to support and lead wide ranging changes across multiple fronts. This includes, migrating legacy services
to Amazon Web Services, modernising legacy applications, and building new digital services. The successful candidate will be instrumental in providing Security support and guidance to the client.
– As a Cyber Security Consultant, you help others within the Digital and Technology team, to build secure solutions. You advise technical teams on cyber security decisions. You help them deal with risks effectively. You do this by working with them as they design and implement effective controls and mitigations. This means you get involved and embedded in projects and products early, assist with threat modelling activities, and provide advice about appropriate and pragmatic security. The goal is to enable business outcomes. Your approach ensures that common problems are addressed in reusable ways.
– You work alongside Cyber Risk Advisors, helping the business understand what risks to manage,how to prioritise investment decisions, and to recognise the importance of different data sets in various business contexts. You support the Security Engineering and Operations teams, helping keep systems secure while in development and then when they go live. You deal with incidents, and apply insights from security issues observed in products, systems, services from across government and industry. This knowledge is applied to development and live systems, to help us stay better protected now and in the future.
– The Cyber Security Consultancy team focuses on providing professional and experience-led advice. We emphasise aspects such as identifying and applying recognised good practices, such as those provided by the National Cyber Security Centre. We take account of contextual nuance. The work moves from the older accreditation models, such as the deprecated IS1&2 standards. Instead we enable assurance, valuing good advice and practical application over control lists, advocating meaningful controls over rigid compliance
Essential Skills and Experience
– Cloud services & technologies – Experienced in assuring and working with product teams deploying and transitioning digital solutions into public cloud environments in an agile manner.
– Design secure systems – Designs and reviews system architectures through the application of patterns and principles to reduce cyber security problems.
– Threat modelling and analysis – perform structured analysis of proposed or implemented complex systems to identify likely cyber security problems. Propose realistic and pragmatic mitigations that address these problems, and work with the products
If this role is of interest please apply nowApply