- Location: London, London
- Rate: Up to 0.00
- Start Date: 20/08/2019
- Duration: 6 months
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
Data Business Analyst : MCC, Retail and Finance : World Leading Energy Co.
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Data Business Analyst with MCC, Retail and Finance experience, to focus on Business Analyst responsibilities for requirements gathering from the business for systems and data in the MCC, MDT, Market data, Datawarehouse & Reporting and .NET application area.
The team will be made up of 9 people including BA's and developers. You will be accountable for the integrity and driving improvements of Business KPIs in this area.
About the Role:
1. MCC involves supporting the Trading Managing Contarcts and Confirmations processes, Master Data Tools, as well as a set of 10 other smaller applications
2. Market Data provides key market data to traders
3. MDT is Master data tools
4. Datawarehousing and reporting are our key reporting systems acorss T&S
5. Provision of top quartile Application Support based solution, to service levels agreed with the Business
6. IT Business analysis work on project, discretionary, operational items. This would include Business Analysis, Business Requirements Definition, Business Solution Design, Functional Specification & Acceptance Criteria, and Acceptance Test Plan and Management
7. Unit, system integration, and E2E process testing for new enhancements, projects and performs or facilitates change management communication to the user community on future IT solution changes
8. Liaising with external software vendors such as Consensys and ICE
9. Act as a functional expert for both business process and applications in delivery space
10. Support operations in security, incident/problem management, change management and other run and maintain activities as a Functional and Business process expert
Assist with tracking and reporting progress around Application Change Requests (ACR's)
Develop requirements documents for change requests (fault resolution and enhancements) and ensure completeness and business sign off
Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support in conjunction with ITSO/SOM
Serve as functional subject matter expert in the MCC/MDN/CRD and Data Warehous
Develop, change and implement system health checks. Work with business users on health check results to drive root cause analysis
Work with IMIT on all business initiatives involving compliance.
Strong engagement skills, working with senior leaders on regular basis
Need for strong team-working skills in a virtual environment; willingness to travel periodically
Ability to effectively engage a virtual team of leaders located in different geographies
Ability to respond to organizational and environmental changes that impact projects.
Awareness of software testing principles
Must have strong analytical aptitude and be able to analyse complex problems/requirements and be able to define functionally advanced IT solutions
Ability to act as a focal point for a specialized area (technical or business); able to lead teams while managing multiple competing priorities
Familiar with a range of analysis, modelling, and design methods; has broad current knowledge of IT standards, applications, and trends
Has a comprehensive understanding of business process improvement, benefit and risk management, and software testing and of all testing events throughout the development lifecycle
Knowledge of Trading a plus
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.