- Location: London, London
- Rate: Up to 450.00
- Start Date: 09/09/2019
- Duration: 6 months
Data & Product Business Analyst: Global Energy Co.
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Data & Product Business Analyst to work across a cutting edge digital anaytics project in a business area that delivers Global Analytics tools. These tools release value from the global data platform based on user cases.
They are at the forefront of the global analytics capability and makes use of industry standard technologies such as Python for data analysis & React for a consumer grade users experience.
About the Role:
As Business Analyst, you will take on the lead on new features within products and new products. As a Mid/Senior BA, the role requires significant experience as a BA within a product/application development environment. You will help to coach the Product Owner on a structured approach to feature life cycle and take accountability for the management of a high quality, properly broken down and estimated feature backlog.
They are looking for a BA with gravitas and obvious experience, comfortable to challenge the Product Owner on why', and able to understand and lead the product vision while working with the technical delivery team.
The Business Analyst will undertake the role of a requirement analyst.
– Discover & engage business stakeholders – Product Owners, users and others) in a structured & professional manner
– Act as the business face of project delivery; elicit business requirements, communicate updates, lead workshops & product review sessions
– Support the Product Owner and create consensus in the user community
– Catalogue and be hands-on with the underlying data structures & queries
– Capture and own the As-Is, To-Be and gap analysis artefacts for a project
– Create process & Datamodelling artefacts
– Produce professional quality artefacts; Word, Excel, UML process diagrams, Product Backlog Items & User Stories in VSTS, training & documentation and others
– Support the wider project team in implementation
– Lead the use of iterative/agile processes during project delivery
– Professional Business Analysis through training and experience
– Qualified in ISEB, BCS Practitioner or equivalent
– Data focussed projects, across MI and BI
– Creating applications in production; full SLDC (not just dashboards)
– Creating BA artefacts; an expert in requirements capture & process drawing
– Iterative, agile and Scrum ways of working
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.