- Location: Leeds
- Rate: Up to 400.00
- Start Date: 14/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We are seeking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer on a day rate contract for 3-6 months.
Package descriptionWe are seeking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer on a day rate contract for 3-6 months.
Outside of IR35
Up to £400 per day ltd company (d.o.e)
Main responsibilitiesThe role holder will be expected to;
• Work with the Infrastructure Technical Manager to define an ‘End State’ design for on-site infrastructure.
• Assist with the scoping, estimating and planning of technical tasks to deliver the ‘End State’.
• Create detailed designs and floor plans to define the provision of data, power and telephony at given points around the premises.
• Identify any requirements for external services or contractors (e.g. electrical, cooling, structured cabling) to support the agreed design and ensure these are incorporated in the project plan.
• Collaborate with the Project Manager to ensure the effectiveness of all scheduledphased activity.
• Work with other members of the Infrastructure Team to complete required changes (physical and virtual) to achieve the ‘End State’.
• Ensure that appropriate communications are circulated in relation to any planned impact to system availability.
• Document the resultant ‘End State’ to inform the ongoing provision of technical support.
• Escalate decisions and issues arising from the project as required to the Infrastructure Technical Manager or Head of Service and work with them to find suitable solutions.
• Provide status and progress reporting to an identified audience at agreed intervals.
About the companyWe strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver awardApply