- Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
- Rate: Up to 1.00
- Start Date: 20/08/2019
- Duration: 6 Months
Our client is one of the leading Oil & Gas businesses across the world, with a name for excellence. We are looking for a Infrastructure Full Stack Software Engineer to join the team on a Contract basis with a view to going permanent after 6 months. This Full Stack Software Engineer will be implementing and maintaining new or improved software products and services used by the geophysical teams.
Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle, the role covers development of the Infrastructure and non-geophysical applications for a large system that utilises 1000s of CPUs and GPUs to process petabytes of Seismic data using complex geophysical algorithms, using both Linux and Windows operating systems, on premise and in the cloud.
- Analyse, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialisation – in agreement with project technical and timing objectives
- Work with field users and/or customers, to identify and resolve production issues, identify and refine requirements and opportunities for automation and efficiency improvements
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Key skills: C++, java and python; Linux and Windows OS environments; software development methodologies; application and system environment issue debugging.
- Key focus areas: service infrastructures, databases, parallel programming, security
- Other skills: User interfaces, data access and management, performance optimisation. Experience with NodeJS, Angular, C# and other languages would also be an advantage.
Associated Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that product code and artefacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system in accordance with relevant procedures and guidelines
- Assist in identifying and organising requirements and producing user stories.
- Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input
- Evaluate alternative implementations and selects the one that maximises the value of the product and minimises the risk and technical debt
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to implement and automate tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation. May present solutions to clients
- Develop and execute unit tests to prevent regressions.