- Location: Angmering, Rustington,West Sussex
- Rate: Up to 0.00
- Start Date: 02/09/2019
- Duration: 6 months
Working on behalf of a leading client in their search for a Senior Infastrcuture Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for the Engineer to work with other IT teams such as Network Operations, Application Management, Security, Service Desk, Staratergy & Architecture and the Project Delivery teams to ensure close alignement and engagment in implementing major developments and enhancements with the existing IT Infastrcuture.
Scope of the role:
– Responsbile for the resolution through 2nd & 3rd line support for all infrastructure issues;
– Liaise with internal governance and the relevant external authorities.
– Assisting in the transistion of all Server infrastructure service & associated operational services from current supplier to the newly former in house Server Infastructure team;
-Producing and maintaining operational operation mnauals/run books for the associated servies for the team in line with corporate standards.
– Key contrubuitor to Transistion and Tranformation Programmes of work.
– Defining and implementing IT quality assurance practices and Procedures.
The successful Engineer will have proven hands on experience of;
– MCSC Qualification
– Windows 7, 10, Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012, 2016 in an enterprise environment
– Unix and Linux fundamentals
– SCCM Fundamentals
– Cloud Platform experience.
– Troubleshooting, Diagnostics & Event Log/Management
– Solarwinds configuration and management
– Virtualisation, Citrix XenApp and Desktop 6.x and 7.x, AppSense User and Application Manager
– Active Directory (Users & Computers, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS)
– End point protection, DLP and GDPR (Symantec preferred)
– Scripting preferred (Powershell, VBScript)
– Network fundamentals (Firewall, DNS, DHCP etc. from a client perspective) (preferred)
– Experience of working in a Transitional multi supplier environment within a large-scale organisation
– Experience of contributing to technical solution design and development leveraging existing tool suites and propose best of breed solutions.
Empiric is a global provider of niche and specialist recruitment services operating across Investment Banking, Oil & Gas, Engineering, IT and Industry & Commerce. Our expert knowledge of the market and strong working relationships with our clients has enabled us to become the preferred supplier to over 150 global corporations.