- Location: London, London
- Rate: Up to 350.00
- Start Date: 03/09/2019
- Duration: 6 months
Network Engineer: Cisco/Palo Alto: Global TV Company
Leading Media TV Company with a household name in Film and TV production, has an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer Consultant to join their team in London initially on a 6 month contract basis. The position may involve some travel and will include some weekend/evening hours.
About the role:
Whilst the primary focus is in the networking arena the team's remit covers core-infrastructure technology design, build, implementation and 2nd/3rd level support in the following areas:
Cisco based environment, WAN/LAN infrastructure, Internet connectivity, Network Security, Digital Multimedia, Remote Access, Network Management and Server Technology/Operating Systems.
– Identify and troubleshoot problems within the network environment.
– Liaise with 3rd party vendors and partner support organizations.
– Update and configure Network Management systems.
– Perform scheduled work outside of normal business hours incl weekends.
– Travel to offices located around the world to perform job-related support/implementation tasks and/or attend meetings.
– Participate in an 'on-call' reactive support process providing 07:00 to 19:00.
– This will be on a 1 week in 4 basis. Although normal hours of work are 9-5.30-6ish.
– Approximately 5+ years experience within a Network Support Team ideally providing support to Cisco based, global LAN and WAN networks.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to function equally effectively both within a busy team environment or on an individual basis.
– Flexible approach to your work as occasional out of hours and weekend work may be necessary.
Desired Technical Skills:
– Communication protocols [including TCP/IP]
– IP routing principles and routing protocols [including EIGRP, BGP]
– LAN technologies [including Ethernet, VLANs, Spanning Tree]
– WAN technologies [including MPLS]
– Virtualisation technologies [including VRF, MPLS-VPN]
– VPN technologies [including site-to-site & remote client, IPSEC]
– Network Management [including Solarwinds, Netflow]
– IPAM/DNS/DHPC [including Infoblox]
– Wireless [including Cisco and Aruba centralised controllers]
– Firewall management [including Palo Alto, Panorama, Cisco ASA, SecureTrack]
– Cisco switching and routing platforms [Catalyst 3700, 4500, 6500, ISR, ASR]
– Authentication [including AAA, Cisco ACS, PKI, 802.1x]
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dunn & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.