- Location: London
- Rate: Up to 0.00
- Start Date: 17/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
QA Test Analyst
Our client is the investment management arm of a well known insurance and investment group, a FTSE100 company. One of Europe's largest asset managers and a major global investor and success that has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. Offering strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
Quality Assurance Test Analyst required to work in the project IT team which is responsible for implementation, enhancement and maintenance of applications used for portfolio management and trading within the business.
This includes applications directly used by portfolio managers and traders and also by those teams that directly support the investment process such as Portfolio Monitoring and Global Analytics.
The Test Analyst will be required to execute tests on the implementation of a 3rd party vendor application to be used by the Private Credit portfolio management team. Primarily this will involve testing:
* Data feeds into the application from the data warehouse.
* Functionality within the application itself to capture orders and trades.
* Data feeds of orders and trades to downstream applications.
The Test Analyst will work closely with the project manager, scrum master, business analysts and developers on the project. The candidate must be self-motivated and good communications skills are a pre-requisite.
The ideal candidate will possess the right balance of business understanding and technical skills. The role requires knowledge and experience gained through working on IT projects with investment teams in an asset management firm. Knowledge of a variety of buy side applications is preferred. Knowledge of Private Credit investments is preferred but is not essential.
* Produce a test plan for the project.
* Design tests of all key data feeds and exports.
* Identify and resolve errors; take ownership and accountability of issues.
* Execute QA testing of the story level features, taking a pragmatic, common sense approach to exploratory testing
* Provide handover and support to business users during longer periods of UAT in preparation of a release
* Provide clear reporting and status updates through the appropriate mediums, including escalations as appropriate
* Ensure that business analysis requirements are reflected correctly as test conditions within the test control application.
* Ensure that once a project is complete, test conditions are reassigned to Regression test pack for applications via the QA team.
Technical and Professional Qualifications
* ISEB, ISTQB, or other qualifications or courses demonstrating certifications/further learning.
* Ideally IMC, or other qualifications or courses demonstrating an interest in the business.
* Demonstrated history of learning, particularly in the front office environment.
Experience and Background
* Must have worked in an asset management company as a QA tester.
* Demonstrated ability to estimate the time taken to carry out QA testing.
* Demonstrated ability to execute test plans.
* Demonstrated ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
* Ideally have experience of automated test processes.
* Knowledge of tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
Competence and Characteristics
* Have a flexible approach to work and be comfortable with context switching and changing priorities
* Ability to quickly integrate with the existing team and develop good working relationships.
* Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group from within the Business and Technology
* Must be able to demonstrate critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish blocking bugs from nice to have improvements
* Stay abreast of developments and identify new tools and techniques that may be of use to the team
TO APPLY – PLEASE REPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employerApply