- Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Rate: Up to 47.83
- Start Date: 27/08/2019
- Duration: 12 months
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
A well known Defence Contractor require a Senior Network Engineer to join their team in Portsmouth on a 12 month contract basis.
Rates for this role are £47.83 per hour Ltd/Umbrella or £37.01 per hour PAYE.
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider British Nationals for this role and cannot consider those who hold a Dual Nationality. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer responsible for maintaining and maturing the detailed technical design of the QEC Networks in addition to the implementation of the network aspects of the QEC Networks architecture.
Support the testing of each INE Release.
– Responsibilities are primarily concerned with Routing and Switching to support HMS QNLZ as part of the support phase, this will include introduction of design changes to an in-service product as they are requested from the MoD.
– Support the implementation phase of the design baseline, which encompasses the configuration creation, supporting the development of auto generated interface Scripting the design directly into switch configuration.
– Support the test/release phase of INE based on the implementation baseline, which encompasses fault resolutions for delivery of an INE release to be used on platform.
– Support all INE related platform activities at Portsmouth Naval Base as required.
– Support the maturity of functional, performance and safety testing that will be required to release deployable networks to other suppliers.
– Apply good Configuration Management processes to daily work through Observation Reporting tools and keep a good track of documentation amendment records.
Key Technical Skills:
– Experienced in all aspects of networking, L1 to L3 skills essential.
– IT Infrastructure/networking technical background essential.
– Integration support background essential.
– LAN, WAN, MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, GRE, L2TP, MSTP, HSRP, Virtual Switching are a must.
– Experience of CISCO 6500 and ASA 5500 series desirable
– Must have a sound understanding in Data centre type technologies, Windows Server, Active Directory/DNS and VmWare.
– Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent.
– CCNA minimum, other industry recognised standard network qualification highly desirable.
– Juniper knowledge desirable, but not essential.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.