- Location: London, London
- Rate: Up to 0.00
- Start Date: 03/09/2019
- Duration: 6 months
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
North West London
Industry leading customer requires a Solution Archtiect to translate functional and non-functional requirements created by the business and through business analysts into the architecture for that end to end project solution and describes it through the output of architecture and design artifacts. The project delivery team will use those artifacts to implement the project solution. They will also provide a quality assurance responsibility to ensure that the all project designs are delivered to a set of standard formats following governance processes, creating the agree outputs and in line with the Enterprise Target Architectures and standards specified.
* Own the end to end solution design for projects assigned by providing solutions to the requirements gathered aligning to strategic solutions and standards.
* Leading project solution architecture on various levels – from high level outlined architecture to detailed architecture and in some cases high level design (Projects of many scopes and sizes)
* Develop the maturity of the practice of Solution Architecture including defining standard methods, processes, templates, outputs.
* Govern external deliverables to ensure they deliver to standards
* Manage and train contract resources brought in occasionally to meet the demand.
* Hands-on involvement in all phases of project delivery providing architectural direction to the rest of the project team
* Responsibility for the Solution Architecture Document and other architectural deliverables, supporting the Business Analyst in the production of Use Cases and Use Case model, supporting Data Architect in the production of data deliverables.
* Liaising with stakeholders; including external parties providing architectural steer.
* Solution governance and quality assurance including alignment with all relevant Design Authorities
* Review and quality assurance of the artefacts created by external suppliers and internal teams to ensure the quality of delivered solution to fulfil business requirements and adhere to strategic technology vision, target architectures and standards
* Sharing experiences and learning points gained whilst working in assigned projects with the other members of SA community
* Coaching, developing, mentoring, collaborating with other elements within the Solution Delivery department with the objective of delivering successful and predictable outcomes for projects they are assigned to.
* Working in both traditional waterfall and agile environments.
Experience and Skills
* Experienced in cross vendor and technology solutions including knowledge of Business, Data, Information, Integration, Application and Technology Layers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels; both internally and externally
* Experience in Continuous Improvement methods
* Hands-on experience of working through the end to end project life cycle
* Familiarity with working with 3rd party including offshore suppliers to ensure the delivery of high quality designs that conform to the solution architecture defined
* Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology and technology trends
* Solid Architecture experience across multiple Architecture domains including ERP, CRM & Cloud platforms
* Good knowledge of Integration using EDI and Web APIs (SOAP, REST, XML and JSON)
* Good Understanding of Reporting and BI with tools such as MS Power BI and Tableau
* Working knowledge of database solutions such as Oracle Database, MS SQL Server, MySQL or NoSQL
* The ability to work across multiple projects in parallel and the ability to contribute to wider group strategies
* Demonstrable ability to engage with vendors and review technical proposals from a commercial angle to ensure technical solutions meet requirements
* Experience working in a federated organisation to achieve buy-in from all levels of the organisation and deliver against those agreements
* Familiar with TOGAF 9 and ability to apply in a pragmatic way.
* Familiarity with a range of Enterprise & Corporate solution tools including some of ERP, CRM, Works Management, Asset Management solutions and associated service solutions including security, BI.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, seek and integrate diverse views into designs and manage by influence
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.