- Location: Yeovil, Somerset
- Rate: Up to 42.00
- Start Date: 27/08/2019
- Duration: 12 months
Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
A leading Defence Company requires a System Administrator to join their team on a 12 month contract basis in Yeovil.
This role will pay £42.00 per hour Ltd/£31.95 per hour PAYE
As a Systems Administrator, you will be involved in the day to day management and monitoring of services and their supporting infrastructure components. The bespoke IT systems are managed using an ITIL Framework and you will be responsible for the investigation of arising issues, resolved against the defined Service Level Agreements.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to use your varied technical skill set which will be used to support a large project base as well as the opportunity to develop within the wider BAE Systems Business.
Your skills and qualifications:
– Experience of completing all toolset configuration activities in line with schedule & quality requirements.
– Experience and Understanding of ITIL and general applications support
– Knowledge and understanding of supporting applications based on standard Windows infrastructure components, including Azure
– Knowledge and understanding of VMware vCenter, ESXi and VM config
– Knowledge and understanding of McAfee ePolicy orchestrator
– Knowledge of Installation and patching of core environments and software solutions
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with Stakeholders at all levels
– Any experience of the following would be useful; JIRA, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Grafana, Nagios, Tomcat, Apache
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Administrator will involve:
* Providing Support to IM&T Infrastructure – including Networks, Windows Systems & Applications
* Maintaining applications/infrastructure using the below technologies:
* Microsoft AD DS, DNS, DHCP, GPO, SQL, WSUS, SPS, Windows & Server deployments, Azure
* McAfee ePO, VSE, VSEL, HIPS, DLP
* VMware ESXi, VM, vCenter
* Developing and Maintaining systems configuration item (CI) baselines in alignment with the Service Management Configuration Management Plan.
* Technical expertise on Windows System Administration & knowledge supporting application layers
* Assisting on work within the area of specialism, taking account of interfaces and approved data; Providing analysis and support of problems related to platform and support system issues and generate proposed solutions
* Supporting the development of processes to ensure discipline technical quality is communicated across all discipline levels of IM&T engineers; ensuring these meet all governance and business requirements;
* Researching problems and issues, gather information from a range of physical and informational sources, review defects on platform or assembly in order to gain a complete understanding of the problem and all relevant circumstances
* Engaging with customer representatives and suppliers in writing, by telephone and in face to face meetings, and with other internal functions as necessary to discuss technical issues and problems
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.