- Location: London
- Rate: Up to 375.00
- Start Date: 13/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
Systems Project Manager (Contract)
Up to £375 per day
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
Working with some of the latest and most cutting-edge technologies, we’re Agile in our approach and embrace modern IT practices and thinking as we strive to deliver an outstanding IT estate to our members and more than 200 users.
We’re now looking for a Systems Project Manager to join our team in London for a contract until the end of December 2019.
As a Systems Project Manager, you will:
– Oversee a number of IT projects to successful conclusions
– Manage a membership engagement project to support our global membership base
– Support the deployment of a new HR system and the migration from the old
– Manage a website upgrade and migration project
– Act as a secretary to the steering groups for the projects you are involved with
– Liaise between the Business and Technical Teams throughout the project lifecycle
– Investigate the feasibility, cost and risk of each project and engage with stakeholders
– Develop business cases to support projects
– Produce project plans including milestones, deliverables, targets and outputs
– Organise and chair Systems Working Groups and drive delivery
– Oversee project budgets
To be considered for the Systems Project Manager role, you will need:
– Proven project management experience working independently, with accountability for delivering multiple projects to plan
– Previous proven experience in successful systems implementation and infrastructure projects
– Competency in developing, administering and using PCs and associated networks and systems (such as Microsoft Office) to acquire, manipulate and disseminate information
– Strong levels of e-literacy and general IT skills
– A project management qualification
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, Systems Deployment Project Manager, Business Systems Project Manager, Infrastructure Manager, or IT Infrastructure Manager.
– Salary of up to £375 per day
– Deliver vital core systems projects to support our day-to-day operations
– Work from our beautiful Victorian building in central London
– Join a global membership organisation with a rich history
This is an exceptional opportunity to take on your next contract with our incredible institution and you’ll be completing a number of engaging projects that will help keep us at the forefront of technology.
Within a welcoming and stimulating environment, you will have the chance to collaborate with a positive, like-minded team who share your dedication to going above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Systems Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment AgencyApply