- Location: Northamptonshire
- Rate: Up to 0.00
- Start Date: 13/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
Technical Author – 6 months – Northampton
Analyse the current technical documentation for VMI across specific systems such as Maintenance Manuals and Parts Catalogues for any issues whilst supporting a group to redefine and document best practice into a Standard Operating Procedure which can be deployed across all respective sites.
* Adhere to safety systems and controls in line with HSQE Company policies.
* Take responsibility for raising issues of concern.
* Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
* Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
* Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
Product Technical Documentation
* Working with the Service Improvement Manager, EHS Engineer, Technical Trainer & cross section of shopfloor staff and to set up and configure standard operating procedures for key maintenance tasks which also include control of approval, distribution and publication.
* Checking and validating documentation produced by suppliers or from within the team.
* Continuous improvement of the tasks and activities in line with project deliverables where testing may result in adequate controlled changes are required and Siemens values.
* Administer the Content Management System to ensure the accuracy of materials, tools and documentation are assured in line with procedures.
* Use various systems but not limited to (SAP, Druid, Cormap and Equinox) to find source information and utilise this in the construction of Standard Operating Procedures.
* Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
* Ensure awareness and understanding of compliance policies and 'Tell Us' ethos.
* Support and engage with the business wellbeing initiatives.
* Provide accurate advice and data in regard to any matters i.e. new documents or formats.
* Prompt escalation to line management regarding events.
* Support and as appropriate participate in local information exchanges, i.e. team brief, start of shift brief and tool box talks.
* HNC in Engineering or suitable experience
* Proven experience in delivery of technical documentation in a heavy industry environment, preferably in VMI
* Effective organisational and time management skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to analyse information effectively
* Excellent attention to detail
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicantsApply