- Location: Ireland
- Rate: Up to 371.00
- Start Date: 15/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
Operation Test Engineer
My international financial client seeks an Operations Test Engineer to join the team in the offices in Cork, Ireland. My client is one of the largest exchange organisations worldwide. As a financial marketplace organizer, the company provides a portfolio of services covering the entire process chain: securities and derivatives trading and clearing, netting and transaction settlement, custody and provision of market information. Information Technology designs, builds and operates the technological infrastructure of the company. These highly integrated and automated IT systems are essential to its success.
You will be joining a dedicated Investment Funds Services (IFS) IT Operation Test team to support and run the functional and technical test cycles (from Integration Test till the implementation in Production) of Post Trade systems. The Team builds and maintains several applications to provide our customers, performing and efficient tools to manage Investment Funds Order Routing and Transfer, Custody or Settlement activities over multiple type of media including SWIFT 15022, 20022, Front-End, Fax, etc. The requirements in terms of complex functionality, high reliability and availability will thoroughly challenge your testing skills and provide opportunities for continuous improvement.
* Installation of application software in test environment
* Monitor and process Client Business Day in slow motion.
* Support development and business in issues investigation.
* Log and follow-up technical issues and liaise with Development and Infrastructure Departments.
* Provide clear, regular and consistent reporting to other members of the team.
* Identify process improvements, tasks automation, testing tools development.
University degree in Information Technology.
Technical skills in the following domains are essential:
* Linux (RedHat) operating system: expert skills as users (ksh, csh, etc.) and basic skills as System Administrators.
* Good knowledge of JBOSS or Weblogic.
* Windows operating system basic skills (start/stop/monitor of services, powershell, administration).
* Good knowledge of SQL.
* Microsoft SQL-Server knowledge
Additional skills in one or more of the following areas will be of advantage:
* Oracle Database Administration knowledge.
* Cloud Technologies: AWS,Microsoft Azure etc.
* Perl, Java, PL-SQL.
* Knowledge of batch scheduler UC4.
* Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering or Ability to Improve robustness , monitoring , alerting via tools/scripts development.
The following interpersonal skills are essential
* Excellent team spirit and communication skills.
* Highly committed to challenging deadlines, curious and motivated.
* Use initiative to resolve problems, willingness to learn.
* Support IT Development investigations of the functional, technical or performance issues.
* Solution oriented, able to set priorities and deliver under periods of higher stress.
* Proficiency in both written and spoken English is essential, French can be beneficialApply