- Location: Cardiff
- Rate: Up to 370.00
- Start Date: 13/08/2019
- Duration: Contract
Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a government agency based in Cardiff who are looking to recruit a Tester
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE FALLS INSIDE OF IR35
• Assist the Test and Business Analyst Manager to plan, design and specify requirements for the testing activities within the programme to ensure links are made with other programmes to avoid/anticipate potential risks.
• Providing essential input into translating requirements into tests, test planning/design and test metrics, working with business analysts, project managers and test managers.
• Work with technical staff and users to deliver the test needs of new ICT projects and change to existing applications. This will include integration testing, user acceptance and regression testing.
• Appraise the effectiveness of test runs and communicate the outcome, including capturing lessons for future learning across ICT.
• Monitor progress of work, compliance, identify gaps in the delivery of testing priorities and take remedial action to enhance the service and ensure appropriate reallocation of time and effort.
• Develop test management best practice and learning, promoting innovative approaches and methods in test management.
• Actively look for opportunities for skills transfer, in order to provide continuous improvement in the government agency ability to deliver ICT.
• Raise awareness of the importance of accessibility in the testing of applications, working with users, project managers and expert contractors to ensure applications are appropriately accessible and provide the tests to confirm this.
1. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand technical & business requirements to identify test data requirements and produce test conditions, scenarios and scripts in preparation and execution of a full range of testing including; functional, Integration and Regression activities across multiple teams.
2. Ability to create and maintain test documentation: e.g. test plans, TTRM, Test Exit reports, Test estimate schedules, and contribute to overall project test plans. Operate the agreed defect life cycle, ensuring defects are assigned to the relevant party, accepted for re-test, re-tested and approved
3. Sound understanding of structured test models (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, V- Model), and the ability to work within them appropriately, technical architectures. (Microsoft Cloud technology)
4. Understanding of the use of test metrics to provide accurate reporting including test progress, scripting, defect tracking, and completion reporting using testing tools and will require applicants to be fully conversant either with QA Complete or similar tools for test requirements. Experience in Selenium or any other automated testing tools would be benefit but not essential.
5. Excellent technical skills and knowledge including
• working for/within an organisation which is "data rich", collecting and generating its own data for use in regulating others, managing its assets or informing others
• building/working with corporate applications using cloud hosting services such as Azure and of working in environments using MS SharePoint including Office 365
6. Excellent communication and team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and at pace responding to changes in environment, timescales and priorities, including the ability to work with senior management and internal and external customers and suppliers presenting complex/technical information in a format appropriate
For more information please apply and a recruitment consultant will be in touch to answer any queries you may haveApply